Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Service Tax > St-3 ( input service distributor )

St-3 ( input service distributor ) (Service Tax)

I have problem on the subject matter which is as follows :

I tried to submit the ST-3 online for the activity "INPUT SERVICE DISTRIBUTOR" but on the first page of Assessee Information a message appeared that "You cannot file the return for the services whose effective date is ahead than return filing period ( INPUT SERVICE DISTRIBUTOR )".

Is that mean - The return filing date for ISD is ahead than the regular date of filing ( which is extended to 26th December 2011 for Apr-11-to-Sep-11) the ST-3 ?

B Ravi Kumar ACMA, MBA, M Com

Please check whether you have selected the period correctly (April 2011 to September 2011) or not.

Period selected was correct.
That is : Financial Year 2011-2012 and Return for the period : April-September.

There are two options to file ST-3 (which every concerned person knows).

1. To prepare ST-3 online using the User ID and password. In this utility/facility you get the Name, STC, Address, Premises Code automatically ( because your master is creadted by the system ) and you just have to fill values, ST payable, paid, Cenvat or credit etc.

2. Secondly if you download the template and start filling in the data, you will have to type/enter total information.

In the first option your Service Category automatically appears ( because your master is already created by Depptt./System )

But in the second option where you have to fill the data manually, in the option for choosing the service category you will find all the categories are available except INPUT SERVICE DISTRIBUTOR. This is again surprising thing.

B Ravi Kumar ACMA, MBA, M Com

Even I tried filing online, there were some system errors while selecting service category and submission.

Then I have downloaded, filled and uploaded, I did not face any problem. There may be some technical problems initially, I suggest you to do 2nd option.

In the 2nd option - the drop list of Services do not have INPUT DISTRIBUTOR SERVICE. When I tried to enter it manually, the message displayed me to choose the activity from drop list only. I could not go further.

B Ravi Kumar ACMA, MBA, M Com

There is separate sheet for Distributor, please check it. Still you need clarity please contact service tax authorities of your city or helpline.