Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Service Tax > Service tax query on renting of immovable property.

Service tax query on renting of immovable property. (Service Tax)

This query is : Open

Kindly clarify on issue relating to renting of immovable property. The facts are as follows :-

1. Date of applicability of service tax

2. Whether applicable on societies registered U/s 12A if space rented for commercial use.

3. Whether applicable on Societies running educational institution if space given to a bank.

Kindly also clarify if the society is registered in Delhi and it has rent out its space in Nagpur for commercial purpose. Whether the service tax registration would be in Delhi or at Nagpur.

Also if the rent is more than Rs.10 Lacs since FY 2010-11 and service tax not deposited in case of society. Please let me know the penalties and interest payable and in case any remedy is there advise on that also.

I shall be highly thankful to you for your immediate reply.

Thanks!