Service tax on builders/promotors

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 February 2012

Dear sir,
You are requested to hilight in regard to the giving below situation. Your valuable co-operation may boost my professional career.

A developer/promoter undertakes a plot of land and constructs a residential complex under following conditions of:-

• The complex consists of 15 units.
• The promoter/ developer structs the complex of his own resources
• He is not appointing any contractor
• Before getting Certificate of Completion he is taking advance money for booking the flat.
• He is providing lift and other extra facilities

One of the persons who is booking the flat for Rs 12, 00,000/- and pays Rs 300000/- in advance

Plz advice what should I do in regard to works contract and service tax if the above complex is furnished and unfurnished.
Plz. advice the rate of tax and way of calculation because I am waiting to reply to the developer.

CMA MD.SHAKIL