Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Service Tax > service tax and VAT OR COT in contractor bills

service tax and VAT OR COT in contractor bills (Service Tax)

NAMASTE,

HOW TO CHARGE SERVICE TAX AND KVAT/COT AND SERVICE TAX IN WORKS CONTRACTS.

SUPPOSE I AM A ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR AND I AM CHARGING RS 10000/-HOW TO CHARGES VAT AND SERVICE TAX ON ABOVE THIS AMOUNT AND WHAT IS THE RATE OF SERVICE TAX AND WHAT WILL BE THE BILL VALUE.
please brief me with an example for the billing proceedure of service tax and VAT/COT in karnataka

CMA Ramesh Krishnan

Tax need to calculate based on your scheme, if you can segregate the service portion and materials portion you can pay vat on materials and pay service tax on service portion,

if you are go for composite scheme you need to pay concession rate of ST and VAT on total contract value