Avail 50% discount on all online CA classes for Nov Exam(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code NOV15

close x
Home > Experts > Income Tax > Registration for profession tax

Please Wait ..

to your account


Remember Me | Forgot your password?


Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Alternatively, you can log in using:

Registration for profession tax (Income Tax)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

( Author )
10 July 2012

Dear Expert,

I have formed a private limited company. Could you please guide me as to whether a private limited company is required to register for professional tax. If yes, kindly let me know the registration process for the same.


Jinesh Bhagdev

( Expert )
10 July 2012

Yes, a private limited company is required to get two profession tax numbers. first one is Professional Tax Registration Certificate (PTRC) and Professional Tax Enrollment Certificate (PTEC)

PRTC gives the power to the company to deduct profession tax from salary of the employees.

PTEC is the corporate liability of the company registered in the state of Maharashtra.

Also note that all the directors of the company have to take their own individual PTEC on personal liability basis @ 2500 compulsorily.

Process for Registration and required documents:

1. Fill the online application Form
2. Company Charter Documents (MOA & AOA)
3. Place of Business Proof with ownership details
4. Place of Residence of all the Directors with ownership proof
5. 2 Photograph of all the Directors
6. PAN of Business and all the Directors
7. Cancelled Cheque from Company's Current Account and Director's Savings / Current Account
8. Shop & Establishment Certificate

All this documents are required to be submitted in physical to the Allotted Officer of the Professional Tax

Author : Anonymous

( Author )
10 July 2012


thanks for the details. Could you let me know the website wherein i can fill the online form. Also can you guide me as to where can i find all the requirements pertaining to profession tax?


Jinesh Bhagdev

( Expert )
10 July 2012


Author : Anonymous

( Author )
10 July 2012

So as per your response if in a pvt ltd company, there are 2 directors, then the following registration needs to be done:

1. PRTC - for deducting PT from the salary of the employees of the company

2. PTEC - for paying PT on the company.

3. PTEC for each of the 2 directors for payment of their PT. However, in this case, who is liable to pay the PT for directors? Is it the company or the directors themselves are responsible for payment of PT to the govt?

Kindly confirm

Jinesh Bhagdev

( Expert )
10 July 2012

Directors themself will be required to pay PT. Its personal liability of director for doing profession activities in the state of Maharashtra



You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Resolved Queries :


Quick Links

back to the top