Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

×
Home > Experts > Income Tax > Refund adjusted under outstanding demand under section 1431a

Refund adjusted under outstanding demand under section 1431a (Income Tax)

This query is : Open

10 October 2013

I am a salaried tax payer and file IT return every year.Now i have recieved a letter from CPC bangalore quoting updated information u/s 145 stating that your refund will be adjusted against outstanding demand u/s 1431a .Demand ammount is 45560,it is too much for me and i m not in a position to pay it under Head 400.I am not able to understand,why this money has been imposed to me and what is section 1431a.They also told me to contact concerned jurdictional assessing office for any clearifications in this regard.
kindly guide and suggest me.
with regards.
sanjay
9350457742