Home > Experts > Audit > Provident Fund for Contract Employee

Provident Fund for Contract Employee (Audit)

I have a query on provident Fund deduction for contract emolyee.
As there is no any consutancy, there is employer & employee relationship but still the provident fund for ontract employee is not deducted. So can someone guide me whether it is necessary to deduct the PF for contract employee in above situation or not?

ANIL JANGID

NEED TO DEDUCT PF

Sunil

If the contractor's employees are performing their duties in your premises on a continuous and long term basis and perform core activities or non core activities (canteen etc.), you as the principal employer are liable to comply with ESIC & PF etc. on behalf of the contractor. All persons within your premises have to be accounted for. However this is not a case if you call some contractor for attending to breakdown of machinery or repairs. However it is definitely applicable if you call for persons who are working inside your premises like canteen employees etc. or someone doing your handling of goods.

ANIL JANGID

agree