Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Students > May 14 exam eligibility

May 14 exam eligibility (Students)

eligibity for Ca final may 14 exam??? or i passed my 2nd group in may 13.

CA Vijeta Verma

you need to pass both groups of ipcc.further you must have completed atleast 2.5yrs of articleship to be eligible to write ca final exams on provisional basis.

Ajay Mishra

I want to clarify that there is no time gap is specified for final registration. You should have a valid final registration number at the time of filing of Final examination form with Institute.

So I will suggest you to take registration in final 3 months before filing the examination form. At that time the Institute will send your final registration letter.

As per Regulation 50 of the CA Regulations, 1988, a student will be eligible to appear in Final Exam, after completing of 30 months (2 Years and 6 months) of article ship.

Yashwanth Jain

I have been registered for articleship on 31-Oct-2011. As per my understanding im eligible to write the same in May 2014. Kindly confirm my understanding?

Ajay Mishra

If you got the final registration number on time and you have not taken excess leave then you will be eligible for May 2014 attempt.

Yashwanth Jain

Thanks for the reply Ajay. Further to that doubt, as on today i have 82 days of study leave left plus comp offs. I am planning to take leave from 1st Dec. Will it have any impact on my eligibility in May 2014 even though my 2.5 yrs gets over on 30th April 2014?

Aryan Singhania (Pallav)

1/6th of leaves allowed,
however, such leaves will be 1/6th of all working days..
Excess leaves have to be served...

Yashwanth Jain

But if i am on leave from 1st Dec for my exams and in case my leaves are exhausted and i take excess leave during such period then will i be eligible?
The issue is as on 30th April, institute regulation says i should be left with 6 months of aritcleship. But if i have taken excess leave during such period will it have any impact. And also my articleship starts from 31st Oct 2011 (which is the cut off date)and 2.5 years ends on 30th April 2014, which is the last day to be eligible in May 2014.
Grateful if you can clarify.

CCI Coaching Faculties