Home > Experts > Corporate Law

Displaying Queries 10 - 20 of 8435 in 844 pages

Filter Query : All | Only Resolved | Only Open

Anonymous

asked On 19 April 2014 at 05:27

Answer this query now

Appointment of company secretary

Is it mandatory for a Pvt Ltd company to pass a Board resolution for appointment of a Company Secretary?
For over a decade the Co did not file any documents with the ROC/ MCA nor did they call for GB meetings or send out Annual docs as required per the Act.
All of a sudden Form 23 and Form 61 have been electronically filed applying for closing of the company after a phantom GB meeting, with a fabricated Statement of Accounts attached (how can it be done when for over a decade no Accounts have been made)with the signature of a CA appointed 12 years ago (but never ever reappointed) and a Company Secretary who has turned up from nowhere as an officer of the Company.
I am the holder of 25 pct of the shares of the Company.

nidhi khetan

asked On 18 April 2014 at 20:59

Answer this query now

Amendment

related to sebi chapter

Anonymous

asked On 18 April 2014 at 19:21

Answer this query now

Companies act 2013-composition of bord

i need an answer to following simple queries if any body can help 1. Can a women director pursuant to 2nd proviso to section 149 be among any one of the idependent director or additonal or rotational or non rotational or nominee( because manner of appointment not given) 2. In view of overriding effect of section 260 of Companies Act 1956 on section 255 additional directors not counted for rotational and non rotational. Under new Act no suc effect given to provisions of additional director and nominee director. Does it mean that Additional directors and nominee of govt pursuant of its shareholding are to be counted for non rotational director and for each such director atleast two rotational directors are to be appointed 3. As independent directors are not to be counted for rotational directors and ATLEAST 1/3rd of TOTAL.NO OF DIRECTORS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENT.Further 2/3rd of TOTAL NO OF DIRECTORS should be rotational. DOES TOTAL NO OF DIRECTORS same meaning for counting rotational directors and independent directors. 4. Does the following presumption holds good one additional director+ two Govt nominee is equal total three non rotational directors so double of thr ee means there should be atleast 6 rotational directors apptd at AGM.THEN 3PUS 6 IS EQUAL 9 SO ONE THIRD OF NINE IS 3 DIRECTORS TO BE APPOINTED AS IDEPENDENT DIRECTORS. So this combination makes total strenght as twelve

Anonymous

asked On 18 April 2014 at 14:48

Answer this query now

Director remuneration

a pvt ltd IT company formed in feb 2014 with 2 directors.now they need to appoint 3 more directors who will look after the day to day affairs.these 3 persons are technically qualified and are proposed to draw 40 lakhs per annum as remuneration.
my question

1. whether all 3 can be appointed as whole time directors.
2. whether for tax planning their salary can split into two
ie. 1.salary u/s 192 for dealing day today affairs and remuneration for technical service u/s 194 j

otherwise provide me suggestions for tax planning for wholetime directorsunder new companies act 2013
what all other procedural formalities there for appointment and fixing remuneration of wholetime directors

S.Kesavan

asked On 18 April 2014 at 14:37

Answer this query now

Csr and independent director

CSR applies to Private companies u/s 135(1)
Rule 5(i) of Cos(Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules 2014 refers to Sec149(4) which applies only to listed companies. Readng further the rule 5(ii) and 5(iii)it is clear that a Private limite company need not have independent director to be part of its CSR Committee.
Is this understanding correct? (the wordings of the rule are quite confusing)

Kesavan

prit.katt

asked On 18 April 2014 at 14:02

Answer this query now

Csr committee

1.whether a person other than a director be appointed as a member of the csr committee???..... 2.if yes, whether there is any restriction in appointing a non-resident individual??

Anonymous

asked On 18 April 2014 at 13:44

Answer this query now

Company deals in livestock

A private limited company deals in livestock. It takes money from people, transfers the ownership of the livestock to that person & keeps the livestock with the company. So I want to know whether:
1) Whether any approval is required for this business from any authority?
2) Is it necessary to convert the company to Public Limited?
3) Any compliance regarding this business under any statue?

SHRUTI SHUKLA

asked On 18 April 2014 at 12:30

Answer this query now

Details of sections of companies bil,2013

hi, please provide me the section wise details of companies act,2013 which is applicable in a pvt ltd company?

Anonymous

asked On 18 April 2014 at 12:25

Answer this query now

Loan from share holder by pvt ltd. co.

I have following query..
A Pvt. Ltd. hold 50% shares in B Pvt. Ltd..
should A Pvt. Ltd give loan to B Pvt. Ltd. under Companies Act 2013 ? if yes give me relevant provision or rules relating to that..

Anonymous

asked On 18 April 2014 at 11:27

Answer this query now

Right of member to receive information

A shareholder is asking details of registers maintained for the disclosure of interest by directors and investments of the co. from the inception of the co.

The CA' 13 has mandated that the co. should prepare and maintain the said registers permanently. however, the CA'56 did not mention any time limit, but under rules, it was meant to be kept for 8 yrs.

whether the shareholder is right to seek the details beyond the last 8 years (from its inception) only because it has been provided in the CA'13 ?

What should the co.'s reply to the shareholder.

Kindly reply asap.