Exemption of Telephone & Conveyance Allowance

Dear All,

Good Day,

Are any exemption allowed under Income Tax Act regarding Telephone and Conveyance Allowance.

If yes please give the full details.

further we are paying Rs. 800.00 per month as Transport Allowance(Residance to Office) which is fully exempted.

C.A.Javid Patel (Expert)

Conveyance allowance is exempt up to Rs.800/- and telephone allowance is taxable.

CA Nitin Wadhwani (Expert)

Transport allowance is exempt upto 800/- p.m and not conveyance allowance.

CA.Tarun Maheshwari (Expert)

I agree with Nitin. Conveyance allowance, if paid for other then for official use, shall be taxable. So with the telephone allowance.

CMA KNVV Sri Vidya - Sri Kanth (Expert)

Agree with Mr.Nitin n Mr.Tarun

Manmohan ACA, CS (Expert)

The purpose for which allowance is given is important.
convetance allowance,
- given for travel between home to office and office to home is exempted up to Rs. 800 p.m. (rs. 1600 for Orthopedic person)
- Given for other purpose , to the extend it is use for office pupose is exemted

Telephone Allowance is fully taxable. However telephobe reimbursement is fully exempted