Home > Experts > Corporate Law > Due Date of AGM

Due Date of AGM (Corporate Law)

05 March 2011

I will thankful to solve my query.

The date of Incorporation is 24-07-2009. What will be the due date of first AGM.
Please response soon.

Deepak Sharma

CA KRISHNA KUMAR DARUKA

06 March 2011

Its first financial year will end on 31st March, 2010 and first AGM should have been held within 31st December, 2010.

udit sharma

07 March 2011

I would slighly differ from the expert, the first AGM of the Company is to be held within 18 months from the date of incorporation so the First AGM of the Company is to be held on or before 23/01/2011.

In case the first financial year ends on 31/03/2010, the AGM to be held on or before 31/12/2010.

God Bless

CS Udit Sharma

CA KRISHNA KUMAR DARUKA

07 March 2011

I completely agree with Mr Sharma and its exactly the same i want to say. As normally first financial year of the company should have ended on 31t March, 2010 the AGM has to be held within 9 months from end of first financial year or within 18 months from the date of incorporation whichever is earlier, In this case that date is 31st December, 2010 which I have communicated earlier.

DEEPAK

07 March 2011

Sorry sir, i would like to know that the due date of AGM. the due date will be the last date of 18 month if new incoprporated company. But the Annual Accounts should be adopted on or before 9 month ended of the FY.Even the due date of AGM will be the last date of 18 month. The due date to be filed in the e form 23 AC...in my opinion it should be the last date within which the company can held the AGM. But if we will see the adoption of Annual Accounts then the AGM to be held on or before 9 months so that we may not defulat in section 210 of Co. Act, 1956, but the due date will be the date of 18 month. Please advcie sir.

CA KRISHNA KUMAR DARUKA

07 March 2011

Due date of first agm will be 18 months from the date of incorporation or 9 months from the end of financial year, whichever is earlier.

Jayashree S Iyer

09 March 2011

In your case since the first year accounts are closed on 31st March 2010, the due date of the first AGM would be 31/12/2010 as per Section 210(3)(a) of the Companies Act, 1956 even though as per Section 166, the first AGM of the company can be held within 18 months of incorporation.