Home > Experts > Income Tax > Donation to political parties u/s 80ggc

Donation to political parties u/s 80ggc (Income Tax)

01 March 2012

Sir
I am a salaried Employee .I had paid Rs 30000/- to a Political party during the current FY. Whether Iam eligible for claim of Deduction u/s 80 GGC. Kindly give the conditions to claim the amount as deduction for TDS
RGDS

Member (Account Deleted)

01 March 2012

The above amount of contribution to political party can be claimed as deduction u/s 80GGC. The receipt of payment must be preserved.

B.Chackrapani Warrier

01 March 2012

Conditions are:-
i) assessee must be a person other than local authority or artificial juridical person.
ii)contribution should be paid in the financial year corresponding to the assessment year.
iii)the payee must be either a political party registered under section 29a of the Representation of the People's Act,1951 or to an electoral trust.
iv) applicable from assessment year 2008-09 and onwards.