close x
Home > Experts > Income Tax > Deduction u/s 24a i.e. 30% on annual vale of let out proper

Please Wait ..

to your account


Remember Me | Forgot your password?


Sign-up now

Join and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Alternatively, you can log in using:

Deduction u/s 24a i.e. 30% on annual vale of let out proper (Income Tax)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

( Querist )
12 July 2012

Weather deduction of 30% can be allowed on commercial property as well?

CA CS Amit S. Kedia

( Expert )
12 July 2012

Yes.. It is standard deduction and allowed for all type of property.

Mohit Naithani

( Expert )
12 July 2012

Standard Deduction u/s 24 is not allow if property is in stock in Trade or using for assesses own business profession.

Its allow to deduct in case where such property is let out or deemed to be let out through out the previous year.

In short : If your property is let out and tenant use it for any purpose (business proff or resident purpose) then u can avail 30% standard deduction by charging rent received by you under the head of Income from House Property (Calculate GAV).

BUT If such property is use by you for your own business proff then this in no income from house property and 30% Standard Deduction is not allow to be deduct.



You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Resolved Queries :


Quick Links

back to the top