India’s biggest tax reform is now a reality. A comprehensive dual Goods and Services Tax (GST) has replaced the complex multiple indirect tax structure from 1st July 2017. It has downed the curtains on an archaic, complex indirect tax structure that existed in India. The positives of GST are likely to be felt in medium and long run.
Businesses are in the midst of ensuring GST compliance. Every person registered under GST Act has to periodically furnish the details of outward supplier, inward supplier tax collected there on by filing return with GST Authorities. They have to align their software systems as per the GST requirement as well as adapt themselves to the new return filing and invoice generating format. To maximize the benefits of this new tax regime, it is imperative for the business community to understand the intricacies of the GST law and its implications for the Industry.
Gearing up for changes in process, training of personal and redesigning the IT systems for being GST compliant is the need of the hour. To address this larger need of the hour, Indirect Taxes Committee of PHD Chamber is organizing Two Days Workshop on “GST Implementation - Intricacies & Implications - Interactive Open House Sessions for Industry and Government’’, which would throw valuable insights on what changes you need to do in your existing system and processes to get maximum benefits of this new tax regime.
The Workshops have been divided into 2 sessions.
The following schedule has been outlined for the workshops:
• Friday, 18 August 2017
• Monday, 28 August 2017
THE FIRST WORKSHOP WILL BE CONDUCTED ON FRIDAY, 18 AUGUST, 2017 FROM 10:00 AM ONWARDS AT PHD HOUSE, NEW DELHI.
INTERACTIVE OPEN HOUSE SESSIONS WITH SENIOR GOVERNMENT
OFFICIALS FROM GST COUNCIL, CENTRAL EXCISE & VAT DEPARTMENT
DAY I - FRIDAY, 18TH AUGUST 2017
POST ROLL OUT ISSUES - REGISTRATION/MIGRATION/TRANSITIONAL ISSUES/ COMPOSITION SCHEME/ INPUT TAX CREDIT
• Provisions regarding Registration- Amendment/ Cancellation/ Revocation of Registration.
• Migration of existing taxpayers to GST.
• Issues related to Transition provisions.
• Raising invoices/ Delivery Challan/ Debit & Credit Notes.
• Input tax credit under GST.
• Composition Scheme & the issues therein under GST.
DAY II - MONDAY, 28TH AUGUST 2017
PROVISION OF RETURNS FILING AND ROLE OF ASPs/ GSPs FOR TAXPAYERS UNDER GST REGIME
• Preparedness in form of Accounting and Invoicing under GST.
• How to prepare GSTR -3B/ GST TRAN-1?
• Understanding of Return Filling Process.
• Role of ASP & GSP in GST Returns.
• How GSTN common portal will interface with taxpayers?
• Practical discussion on Return Filling.
• Verification of Invoicing in GST Returns.
• Matching Concept of ITC under GST.
The Workshops would be addressed by leading Tax Experts, Corporate Leaders and Eminent Professionals.
SENIOR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS INVITED
• Mr. M K Sinha, Commissioner, CBEC
• Mr. Upendra Gupta*,Commissioner, GST, CBEC
• Mr. Mukesh Kumar Meshram, Commissioner, Commercial Taxes, UP
• Ms. Sujata Chaturvedi, Commissioner cum Principal Secretary, Commercial Taxes, Bihar
• Mr. Vijay Yadav, Deputy Excise & Taxation, Commissioner, Faridabad (E)
• Mr. R K Mishra*, Special Commissioner - II Department of Trade &Taxes, Delhi
• Mr. Prashant Kumar Sinha*, Commissioner - GST, Faridabad
• Mr. Prakash Kumar*, CEO, GSTN
KEY NOTE SPEAKERS
• Mr. Bimal Jain, Chairman, Indirect Taxes Committee
• Mr. Puneet Agarwal, Athena Law Associates
• Mr. Sujit Gosh, Advaita Legal
• Mr. Rishabh Sawansukha, Founder GST Street
• Mr. V. Sivasubramanian, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan
• CA Gaurav Garg
• CA Jatin Harjai
• Mr. N K Gupta, Co-Chairman, Indirect Taxes Committee
PARTICIPATION FEES (inclusive of GST)
PARTICIPATION FEES FOR THE TWO DAYS WORKSHOP Rs. 4000/- PER PARTICIPANT
A discount of 10% will be provided for 2 or more participants from an organization
The payment may be made by cheque/ Demand Draft in favour of "PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry" payable at Delhi.
Your confirmation can reach us by email at
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com